When I started felting about three years ago, I only felted on gauze and chiffon. I didn`t like silkpongee. I`m not a “lady of silk”. Or I wasn`t.. Now I must admit that I increasingly like the fluffy, shiny pongee. Not to speak about dying it. Last spring I attended a workshop of dying silk and that was such fun! But I dye the silk to use it in my feltwork. Even though the silk loses its shiny suface, it doesn`t matter - I`m not so much of “silklady” that I wear the silk without wool inside…
My first dyed silkpongee
Tja…hvilken farge passer best til denne silken?
What kind of wool should I go for?
Vel…jeg valgte hvit merino med silkefiber og noen strøk regnbueturkis.
Well…I went for white merino with silkfiber and a touch of rainbowturquoise.
Yes! I can wear this!
You want to try? It`s not difficult!
- Wet the silk
- Curl it on the plastic
- Use a pipette to drip color on the tops
- Let it dry laying on the plastic
- When dry, roll it into a towl or a sheet
- Check how to fix your paint
- I fix mine by putting it in my oven for 45 min on 100 degrees celsius
- Voila: Wear - or felt, and then wear.